On 23/07/18 09:26, Leandro Noferini wrote:
Ciao a tutti,
some friends with no computing skills need to catalog some objects with
some features like components, costs and images. I gave a look to base
in libreoffice suite but it looks too difficult to use and to mantain.
Is there something easier to use in linux/debian?
Something like filemaker of years ago.

For simple lists, a Google Sheets spreadsheet enables collaborative editing. It supports images in cells by reference with =IMAGE("URL").

How many records, and do they need relations between tables? What are the reporting requirements and use-cases? How many users? What access control? Input validation? Do you need the ability to roll back bad changes?

If you want a proper database, I use and recommend postgresql because it scales from tiny to massive applications and just keeps on working without much intervention.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
Director