On 25/07/18 09:51, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
On 25/07/18 03:45, Anil Duggirala wrote:
I am thinking about installing the Mega.nz app on my Debian Stretch installation. They provide a .deb package. Is there anything I can do to ensure this is a safe package? To know that this package will not create a security vulnerability on my system? What is the minimum security procedure to follow when installing third party provided .deb packages?
Also consider using the open-source megatools package. 1.10.0 has just been released and is expected in Debian soon.

megatools 1.10.0 has just been accepted into unstable and is in the build queue.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
Director