On 7/25/2018 7:10 PM, mick crane wrote:
On 2018-07-25 14:05, Dave wrote:

On 2018-07-22 17:52, john doe wrote:
<snipped>

Also what is the output of:

$ systemctl status NetworkManager-wait-online

what would be handy is a way to get a verbose output to the apache2
log on boot.

mick

ah - i found this in the syslog after boot, previously i did not see
this.

Jul 25 08:57:52 www apachectl[600]: (99)Cannot assign requested
address: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address
192.168.1.139:80
Jul 25 08:57:52 www apachectl[600]: no listening sockets available,
shutting down
Jul 25 08:57:52 www apachectl[600]: AH00015: Unable to open logs

I think i need a test enviroment to provide open ports.

It seems like an unusual address for DHCP to be giving out.
If it is just webpages.

Looks correct to me, assuming that the OP is behind some kind of 'NAT'.

give new server fixed ipaddress in same range as network 192.168.1.x you know to be unused.
You used to be able to do that with ifconfig but these days I don't know.

The OP will need to use NetworkManager (NM) to do that.

get ssh working and copy (scp )over /var/www/html from old server to new server, or just copy over via  a usb stick. You may have problems depending how webpages are linked, by ipaddress or name.

If all the 'pages' are in the same directory I guess the OP could use relative path.

--
John Doe