As far as I can see "su -" saves a lot of grief if you're the only admin on
a system. Tried sudo ing to a protected directory? Doesn't work. Tired of
entering your password every couple of minutes?

sudo does mean that the admin actions of a particular user are logged, but
unless you lock down what they can do, they can change/delete the logs
easily enough.

I think this just degenerates into a religious war. If it works for you,
and the people around you, great. If not use the other option.