I can't figure out where fvwm is getting the xpm icon for an xterm.  The
issue started when I upgraded from Debian v7 (fvwm 1:2.5.30) to Debian v9
(fvwm 1:2.6.7-3).  In both cases fvwm-icons was also installed.

I have this in ~/.fvwm/config:
Style "XTerm"       Icon null.xpm, SloppyFocus, IconBox 200x200-1+8

where null.xpm is intended to call /usr/share/pixmaps/fvwm/null.xpm, a
zero-byte file I created.

When startx is called, it gets this from ~/.xinitrc:
xterm -geometry 125x58+964+56 -iconic -title syrano -e ssh syrano &

No matter what I list in config, the xterm icon that comes up matches
/usr/share/pixmaps/mini.xterm_48x48.xpm (an icon with a blue `T' over a red
`X').  If I copy some other xpm on top of that and do startx again, I still
get the original mini.xterm_48x48.xpm image.  Furthermore,
/usr/share/pixmaps/mini.xterm_48x48.xpm still shows an access time from weeks
ago.  It seems that fvwm has that image cached or built in somehow.  Once
fvwm is up, if I call "xterm &" and convert that to an icon, it appears as a
live window screenshot, not as mini.xterm_48x48.xpm.

In Debian 7, calling null.xpm gives me no xpm icon, just a title bar labeled
"syrano".  I prefer this because it's very small.

Thanks.