On 6/20/19 12:36 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Thursday 20 June 2019 08:30:57 Bagas Sanjaya wrote:

In hypothetical scenario as I described in the starting of this
thread, I imagine that TV programs run by TV stations can be thought
as computer programs in TV station's production systems.

I would instead make the specific programs the students/teens should
be using executable by them without needing sudo. Linux permissions
make this very straightforward.
I mean:

# chown root:remaja /opt/teen-programs/bin/* && chmod 755
/opt/teen-programs/bin/*

But we're considering in this thread when most age-restricted programs
can only be run using sudo, that is, such programs can only be run by
root or using sudo.
As a retired Chief Engineer, one of my duties was also the holder of a
letter designating me as the Chief Operator of that tv station.
So one of my duties was seeing to it that the rules as published in 47
CFR that applied to both the technical operations, and the legal things
were enforced. A subscription to that 47 CFR from the GPO, can be a very
wise expense.  Not knowing something in it is a null/void defense.
Cover you ass in other words.

What you want to do opens a pandora's box of stuff these teenagers might
like to see aired.  That means putting their stuff in a permissions
sandbox that only the chief operator has rights to move the materiel out
of that sandbox into the broadcast queue. IOW, someone with that letter
of authority must exist, and the FCC gives him/her that veto power
because he/she is also the person they'll monetarily fine at $27,000 per
instance when something airs that shouldn't.

(Lots of snipping above.)

You seem to be assuming that Mr. Banjaya is in the USA. While that is not impossible, given the Javanese name and non-USA usage of English, I suspect that it is not correct.
--
Carl Fink
c...@finknetwork.com