Quoting Rick Thomas (2019-06-26 09:13:37)
> Hi Jonas,
>
> > On Jun 25, 2019, at 11:20 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <jo...@jones.dk> wrote:
> >
> > Would be helpful to know if those experiencing long pause in
> > dbus-depending environments had _no_ dbus installed (and actively
> > running) or had it running with elogind.
>
> How can I tell which situation I have?

Check if elogind is installed, e.g. with `dpkg --list dbus`.

Check if dbus is installed (it wouldn't be immediately after running the
previously shared set of commands which explicitly remove it, but might
have been later pulled in again), e.g. with `dpkg --list elogind`.

If dbus is installed then check if dbus is running, e.g. by inspecting
output of `ps ax`

 - Jonas