On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 03:57:32PM -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
On 8/19/19 3:41 PM, Michael Stone wrote:
And, there are paid mail services which are nonetheless pretty terrible. All that using a paid mail service means is that you aren't using a free mail service.

I disagree... I like having my domain and email..

What does that have to do with whether there are bad paid services? Whether the service is free or paid, you need to evaluate whether it's meeting your needs and, if not, pick a different service. Just paying for it doesn't guarantee anything.

That said, owning a domain does at least make it easier to change providers--and I recommend doing so for just that reason--but that's a slightly different thing than just paying for an email address. It's also worth noting that it's increasingly difficult to implement reliable email service for a domain that isn't something like gmail.com (because third parties may randomly direct people to stop accepting mail from your domain) and smaller email providers may not have the resources to deal with the these issues.