Hi,

thanks for your reply.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:27 PM Greg Wooledge <wool...@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:

> > But probably
> > for Debian you are right, if I understood correctly, newer versions do
> not
> > even support init.d / LSB anymore, so using systemd units seems to be
> > required there.
>
> This is not correct.  Debian's systemd will use init.d scripts in
> compatibility mode.

Ahh, this sounds good! But how to do that correctly?

Installing the script and calling insserv does not work; by reading the
wrapper scripts I accidentally found that it works with I set
DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE, otherwise it does not work.
I found no hint in the documentation and no helpful error messages
in the places pointed by it.
What am I missing?

Steffen