On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:14:22PM +0200, Steffen Dettmer wrote:

[...]

> Not sure if on topic, but I what is needed to guess, it should run the
> scripts in order of their rcX/Snn number? I though the difficulty
> would be to use a suited nn number (and in fact, if my init.d script
> would get started at all it won't work because of a missing user as
> it is started before pam ldap - this are places where I expect problems,
> not at the attempt to run or not at all).

Even simpler than that: if you keep to the LSB init script spec [1] [2],
the dependencies are stated explicitly: that should be exactly what
systemd needs to calculate its dependencies.

Cheers

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot
-- t