Second Post, don't know if the first made it out or not :)

I messed up the grub on my box with the Debian installer.  I know the partioning
scheam.  I can make a grub-floppy, but can not run grub-install from knoppix.  Debian
did not write LILO, but did eat up the grub.  I am sure I told it something incorrect.
 What command do I give grub after I boot the grub-floppy to load hda6 (hd0,5)
/boot/grub or /boot/linuxkernell immage?

Anybody know how to make the Debian installer write to a floppy?