Hi all,

I follow Emacs' master branch for my day-to-day use, so I need to build
it manually for my daily workflow.  Yesterday I did a fresh reinstall of
Debian 10, after which I haven't been able to install build dependencies
for emacs25 or emacs-gtk.  The error is as follows:

,----
| Reading package lists... Done
| Picking 'emacs' as source package instead of 'emacs25'
| Reading package lists... Done
| Building dependency tree
| Reading state information... Done
| Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
| requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
| distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
| or been moved out of Incoming.
| The following information may help to resolve the situation:
|
| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|  builddeps:emacs : Depends: libtiff-dev but it is not going to be installed
|                    Depends: libgnutls28-dev but it is not going to be
installed
|                    Depends: libmagick++-6.q16-dev but it is not going to be
installed
| E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
`----

The output for emacs-gtk is also identical.  My /etc looks like this:
https://github.com/cadadr/configuration/tree/master/systems/alpha/etc

When I investigate further, trying to "apt-get install" the packages
with unmet dependencies, my observation is that installing these
packages requires downgrading some dependencies.

Is this a temporary problem, or does it have anything to do with my
configuration?  If it's possible, how can I fix this?  I really need a
build of Emacs ASAP, so I'm willing to force downgrade or upgrade any
packages if they don't really pose a problem to the end user.

Lastly, there was an error during installation yesterday, package
installation was paused when I returned to my computer, so I restarted
the installation process.  It downloaded one more package and installed
it, and the rest was fine.  Could that have anything to do with the
present situation?

Thanks in advance,
        -gk.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427