On Sun, Feb 2, 2020, 9:51 AM İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp <s...@gkayaalp.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Lastly, there was an error during installation yesterday, package
> installation was paused when I returned to my computer, so I restarted
> the installation process.  It downloaded one more package and installed
> it, and the rest was fine.  Could that have anything to do with the
> present situation?

In my experience with 8 and before, yes, it may be a sign of trouble ahead.
Was there an apt-get process spinning on a CPU after that point in the
install?
IIRC the network-assisted install of a package may have failed because the
pkg couldn't be found online (say, with sources.list in some certain
state). Then the install asks for the next mount but fails quietly. It's a
couple years since Ive had to deal with this.

Thanks in advance,