I install testing on all my machines*. It is very usable. Sid has given me
problems in the past, so I stay clear.

*While it is true I install testing, I should clarify that I continue to
use it as it moves into stable and then old-stable. Eventually, I hit some
kind of "you can't get there from here" state with apt, at which point I
install testing again.

John Cunningham