I think Debian Testing would fit you very well
It is like a rock, honestly.
==========
I demand stability.
My machines Must work 24/7 without intervention.
for this reason I do have Debian Stable installed and operational on all machines (Mate desktop).

However, on the other hand I love Mate, and the continuing new features... and we don't get them in Stable. And I am impatient and want the Latest And Greatest shiny new things in Mate!!!

My solution:
I keep a Debian Sid Mate (unstable) as default on on several machines, and I update daily +/- In my experience, IF there is something buggy in Sid, it gets patched withing 12 hours, maybe as long as 24.
AND, I can just reboot to Stable and got to work without any issues.

My Wife is kinda a "Luddite that uses computers" so she has Debian Mate Stable... and I update it for her on occasion (days, weeks sometimes) and she is happy.
Happy Spouse = Happy Me.

Same for the office computers: the have Only Stable installed.

Mind that all of my hardware is several years old at a minimum, so having the bleeding edge gizmos is a non issue (and Mate is always in a Stable condition, that team is aces!)