On Friday, March 06, 2020 01:02:27 PM to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> According to this [1] man page, the sane-genesys backend supports your
> model. No first-hand experience, though...
>
> > I'll look into simple-scan.
>
> Simple-scan is also based on libsane (as Xsane is). It also depends
> on all those "desktop goodies" as dbus-session, xdg-utils, gsettings
> and friends, which you might like -- or not. So it may be called
> "simple" but Xsane is definitely simpler -- although most definitely
> not as shiny.
>
> Cheers
> [1] http://sane-project.org/man/sane-genesys.5.html

Thanks for the reply!

I don't see sane-genesys (or genesys) in Wheezy, Jessie, or Buster.  I suppose
I'd have to compile build it myself (or try installing testing or similar) --
not sure I'm ready for either.

I think I'll boot the Buster system back into Windows (Vista) and see if I can
get it to work there -- I do apparently have to find and download the Windows
driver.

Going to take a break for a while -- probably go out and do my run.