On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 8:44 PM John Hasler <jhas...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Kenneth Parker writes:
> > On a Laptop of mine, I have an old version of Firefox, with the
> > "NoScript" add-on.  I wonder how it would work there.
>
> Works ok for a casual test.  I have no acount so I have no idea how it
> would work for posting, though.

Same for me.  (The Firefox-ESR was the "current" version for Debian
Jessie).

"Works best with Javascript" could turn into "Requires Javascript"
> from one release to the next, though.

True enough!   But I want to test Discourse  *with*  Javascript, so that I
understand the difference.  My "safe test bed"?  A Debian Buster Gnome
Live-DVD, and *its* version of Firefox.

Okay:  *THAT* version of Discourse had about 3 or 4 times longer page than
I remember without Javascript.  So yes, Discourse is based, quite heavily
on Javascript.

So I would say that, since the "NoScript" version of Discourse was a
Skeleton of a page, tells me that it "Requires Javascript".

--
> John Hasler
> jhas...@newsguy.com
> Elmwood, WI USA