On 6/19/20 9:28 PM, Seeds Notoneofmy wrote:

Thanks a lot. And here's that output:

05:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation G73
[GeForce 7600 GT] [10de:0391] (rev a1)

Best

I guess Hans was right, after all. This is what Debian asked to do

         Version 304.137 (legacy GPUs)

For support of GeForce 6 series and GeForce 7 series GPUs (supported
devices
<http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/304.137/README/supportedchips.html>).

1.

   Add "contrib" and "non-free" components to /etc/apt/sources.list,
   for example:

   # Debian 9 "Stretch"
   deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free

2. Update the list of available packages. Install the appropriate
   NVIDIA driver package:

# apt install nvidia-legacy-304xx-driver

DKMS will build the nvidia module for your system, via the
nvidia-legacy-304xx-kernel-dkms
<https://packages.debian.org/nvidia-legacy-304xx-kernel-dkms> package.

After, create an Xorg server configuration file
<https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#configure> and then
restart your system to enable the nouveau blacklist.

Except when you click on the DKMS link, there's no Buster package there.

I give up, except if I'm wrong with how I understand things.

Thanks to all, especially Hans, with whose help I could have saved a ton
of time.

Best