On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:33:59PM -0700, Wesley J Landaker wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2003 2:09 pm, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Let's turn this around: why should *I* be forced to accept mail
> > coming from a dynamic IP, when statistically such mail appears much
> > more likely to be spam or viruses? Who are you to tell me that I have
> > to accept such mail?
>
> In those satirical messages, I'm the guy who wants to take all freedom
> away from you. I want to take away your computer and your rights,
> including your right to filter e-mail.

As far as I can see, you're also the guy who is engaging in straw-man
arguments and who's missed the importance of traceability in
investigating problems related to mail servers, tracking down spammers
and viruses, and so on. I'd love to be wrong, but it doesn't read as if
I am.

> > It's a weak argument that requires a comparison to racism to be
> > heard, not to mention that it demeans the plight of those affected by
> > racism.
>
> Unfair or arbitrary discrimination in any form undermines freedom.

There are matters of degree involved, and forgetting about that
undermines the fight against them.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]