On Lu, 13 iul 20, 18:41:39, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I am having intermittent problems on startup in which network services do
> not start properly, generally with messages suggesting the network
> interface they need is not available. If I stop and start them after, they
> will run.  I suspect this is a result of the interaction of systemd,
> ifupdown, and a pre-up script that takes a while to execute.  But if I look
> at things now it seems the dependencies in place should suffice.  Of
> course, this is after I restarted it, and so perhaps the dependency is
> added dynamically, too late to do any good.

Units should always be generated the same way and I doubt restarting
regenerates them.

Things you could try:

 - move the pre-up script to a separate unit that ifupdown depends on
   (After= + Wants= or even Requires=)

 - switch to systemd-networkd

See also the description of network-online.target in systemd.special(7)
and the linked document "Running Services After the Network is up".

Kind regards,
Andrei