On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 10:26:45PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
Registering a domain name with a dynamic DNS service is more complex
than registering an email service

It really isn't, but whatever. I really don't care if you want to come up with some workaround for DNS so feel free to stop arguing about how great it is to find an IP in an email header instead of just addressing the target via a DNS name.

I don't mind using a major third-party service for the asynchronous
rendezvous, and am not prepared to pay for a facility that I might
use very few times per year.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, there are free dynamic DNS services so I don't know why you keep insisting that it has to cost money.