Nicolas George (geo...@nsup.org) wrote:
> fm+deb+u...@phosphorusnetworks.com (12021-02-23):
> > maybe change your disk, but for now, try:
> >
> > # chattr +i /usr/bin/pulseaudio
> >
> > and see if it continues disappearing.
>
> And if somebody has an ache somewhere, they should just take
> painkillers?
>
> Fixing the symptom without understanding the issue is rarely a good
> idea, especially with an unsubtle heavy handed measure.

This *is* part of the diagnostics.  Preventing the deletion and then
watching the logs to see who complains may help you pinpoint the
culprit.  Or it may not.  But it's worth a try.

What's your better idea?  Don't just bad-mouth other people's suggestions
if you have none of your own.

Other suggestions I might make would include:

ls -ld /usr/bin /usr/bin/pulseaudio  # (before the deletion)

If it turns out the permissions on /usr/bin are incorrect, that's a
thing you'll want to fix immediately.