On 03/24/2021 07:43 PM, IL Ka wrote:
   learning by doing

Theory and practice are both important. It is crucial to understand how IP networks work, so I'd start with book like "TCP/IP Network Administration"

That book is not available at the local library but some chapters are on the internet. I'll spend some time with them.

    During installation
    server software was installed on *ONE* of them. Communication will be
    via WiFi.

Clarification: Installation was done using only the contents of the first DVD of the installation set. They have never been connected to the internet.

Did they get IP addresses from the DHCP running on your wifi router or did you set IP addresses manually?

I have no router and the installer never prompted for an IP address.

From the rest of your post I suspect you are assuming some background I don't have.

In my original post I asked:
What internet search terms will lead to productive results?
A private reply suggested:
https://html.duckduckgo.com/html?q=home%20lan%20setup%20wireless

Though the resulting links are primarily Windows-centric, I think my most productive path will be to follow them with the goal of asking better questions.