On 5/4/2021 7:28 PM, Erwan David wrote:
Le 04/05/2021 à 19:26, Joe a écrit :
On Tue, 4 May 2021 10:03:43 -0700
cono...@rahul.net (John Conover) wrote:

Greg Wooledge writes:
On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 09:17:38AM -0700, John Conover wrote:
Searching for exim in
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/* and
/lib/systemd/system/* yields nothing.

How do I stop exim from launching across boots?
Presumably there is a systemd service, which is enabled.  You will
want to disable it.

That was the question, Greg:

     "Searching for exim in
     /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/* and
     /lib/systemd/system/* yields nothing."

so, it wasn't there. Which service?, (or how to find out?) Or, maybe,
it is under /etc/init.d/exim4, which failed to work, so, I was looking
into the systemd control files.

Try exim4.service

apt-file tells me trhere is a exim4-base.service (from package exim4-base)

You could look in the log for the service name then do 'systemctl
disable <SERVICE-NAME>'.

I just want to mention 'inserv' but you should use systemd.

--
John Doe