On 05/12/2021 02:05 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I've seen a reference to using the ISO file of DVDnn in a sources.list .
I remember that it gets identified as being ISO9660 and labeled as trusted, But I can't find a detailed example. All I find are references to unpacking the iso to a directory which is then loop mounted. That's not what I'm looking for.
Pointers please.
TIA

Exactly what I was looking for does not exist.
I had a poor recollection of a partially understood article.

I don't grok loop devices. Wikipedia summarizes by saying "In Unix-like operating systems, a loop device ... is a pseudo-device that makes a computer file accessible as a block device."

Also the article I read evidently took advantage of "mount" being able to loop mount without the loop option being explicitly referenced.

I have a machine dedicated to install experiments and a low data cap on my internet access. I wish to have the ISO's of all install DVDs on a dedicated partition of my hard drive as a local repository.