Hi all,

I see messages like this frequently for a day or two after rebooting a particularly slow old machine (Atom-based HP thin client, running as an OpenVPN endpoint):

May 23 05:36:37 ovpn kernel: [14268.392418] perf: interrupt took too long (4020 > 3996), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 49750

Would it be a good idea to set this value at boot time, rather than waiting for it to auto-adjust down till it settles?

Actually I don't know if it's because the machine is slow; it's just the only machine I see this on.

Cheers,
Richard