On 24/05/21 9:50 pm, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2021-05-23 at 23:55, Richard Hector wrote:

Hi all,

I see messages like this frequently for a day or two after rebooting
a particularly slow old machine (Atom-based HP thin client, running
as an OpenVPN endpoint):

May 23 05:36:37 ovpn kernel: [14268.392418] perf: interrupt took too
long (4020 > 3996), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to
49750

I get this same behavior, except that my machine is not in any way slow
(except for intermittent issues with the secondary SATA controller on
the motherboard).

Would it be a good idea to set this value at boot time, rather than
waiting for it to auto-adjust down till it settles?

I wouldn't think so; if nothing else, it doesn't always seem to settle
out to the same value every time.

Thanks all,

I'll ignore it :-)

Cheers,