On 2021-06-28, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

>> The workaround at the bottom of the thread is to create a service file
>> that systematically deletes the cache at shutdown.
>
> That sucks unless its a gracefull shutdown, power failures don't leave
> time to do that, so why not clean the cache early in the bootup.
> Sheesh...

Well, here's the (simple) user-created unit file at the bottom of the
bug thread, and maybe it would be as easy as replacing "ExecStop" by
"ExecStart" for your wish to be fulfilled (or maybe not, I'm unfamiliar
with systemd unit files and how they get that way, to tell the truth).

But if something as trivial as this can't be hacked effectively by our
illustrious system administrators, we may as well just abandon ship.

 [Unit]
 Description=Cleanup console-setup cache

 [Service]
 Type=oneshot
 RemainAfterExit=true
 ExecStop=/bin/bash -c "rm /etc/console-setup/cached_*"

 [Install]
 WantedBy=multi-user.target