On 10/4/21 20:10, L Dimov wrote:
I am having slower performance on Debian 11 with software only from the "main" repositories after upgrade from 10.It is on a decently powerful Dell laptop with 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, 7 processors Intel Core i5-8350U CPU @ 1.70GHz

The Intel Core i5-8550U processor has 4 cores with Hyper-Threading (8
threads):

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/124969/intel-core-i58350u-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.html