On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 03:58:27PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 10/14/2021 09:40 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:

> > > Hi Richard,
> > >
> > > There's a good reason why I keep suggesting that people use the latest
> > > versions of Debian and Debian installers. Each version brings its own
> > > bugs but alos bug fixes. Bugs are always with us but the asymptotic
> > > trend is that the bug fixes outnumber the newly introduced bugs.
> > >
> > > All the very best, as ever,
> > >
> > > Andy Cater
> > >

> > <chuckle>
> > I was just setting up to download Debian 10.1 DVD1 to see if some other
> > a annoyances have been resolved.
>
> Things worked as desired on a Lenovo Thinkpad T510
> BUT NOT ON
>  a Dell Latitude E6410
>
> I have some trouble shooting in my future ;/

Richard,

To save time: I'd suggest that you use the netinst with included firmware: this
might save us the game of 20 questions over
what firmware the Dell Latitude needs - if this is the one that has the Nvidia
graphics - there are specific ways to
deal with this.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater