On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 12:31:16 -0400 Henning Informed me about
        Re: wpa supplicant not starting - code 1...........

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 12:14:05PM +1100, Charlie wrote:
> >
> >     From my keyboard:
> >
> >     Hello,
> >
> >     If someone has an idea about this error message after
> > suspend can you please give me a hint as to what is causing it:
> >
> > wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
> > run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return
> > code 1
> >
> > Since Bullseye went stable on my Dell Inspiron laptop I have had
> > some problems. The above is the latest. It happens randomly and
> > there is no way of duplicating it.
> >
> > I have googled this, but tried some of the suggestions without
> > getting wpa supplicant to work again except by rebooting the laptop?
> >
> > Can someone tell me what "code 1" is please?
> >

> You clearly hacked together something unusual there. To being helped,
> you have to provide more information.
> Is there any log entry?
> Please post the pre-up script.
> Is there a particular reason why you configured the wifi this way?
>
> -H

Absolutely standard vanilla install and use from Bulleye when it was
testing. It happened a couple of random times in testing as well. But
that was testing, so just rebooted.

No hacking done at all. Some mention on the web:

https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=145175

Not in any way applicable

Looked for fresher information, didn't find it.

Think it might be hardware.

Have had other hardware issues, so think this Dell laptop might be a
lemon. Ce la vie

Thanks for your input.

PS, has worked since I rebooted just after making this inquiry.

Stay well,
Charlie

--
        Registered Linux User:- 329524