On Thu, Dec 30, 2021, 9:42 AM Andy Smith <a...@strugglers.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 05:15:18PM +0200, Anssi Saari wrote:
> > Marco Möller <ta...@debianlists.mobilxpress.net> writes:
> > > this command is then sent to all SSH connected remote systems at
> > > once as if the command would have been typed in at each single
> > > of the SSH connected remote systems CLI individually. Do you
> > > know about such feature to be implemented in some Linux tool?
> >
> > I do simple stuff with just a for loop in the shell. For more complex
> > stuff I use Ansible which uses ssh internally.
>
> Aside from shell loops, I've also in the past used dsh which is
> still packaged in Debian:
>
>     http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/dsh.html

Other similar options are pdksh, public domain Korn shell. Which is
available in Debian repositories for some releases. And the dsh command on
IBM's aix unix-ish OS :-) So with NIM support :-) looking like rsh.

…but these days I also switched to using Ansible ad hoc commands and
> playbooks for anything I do repeatedly. Well worth looking into.

The same can be said of the salt utility. Supported at cost by Saltstack if
necessary. But IMO not the same use-case that the OP intended. One salt
contributor some time ago was managing more than 10K servers with it, I
only had a few hundred.