On Mon, 18 Apr 2022, Celejar wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 22:15:36 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescur...@charlescurley.com> wrote:

Apt-cacher-ng (hereafter acng) also requires a change in client apt
configurations. Put one line into apt.conf or a one-liner in
apt.conf.d. I use the latter, 02proxy:

Acquire::http::Proxy "http://aptcacherdeb.localdomain:3142";;

There are further wrinkles for laptops and other traveling computers,
and for https only repos, which I will leave as an exercise for the
student.

Yes. I use apt-cacher-ng, but having to manually add a workaround for
every SSL-only repository I use is getting rather annoying:

https://wiki.debian.org/AptCacherNg#HTTPS_repositories
https://blog.packagecloud.io/using-apt-cacher-ng-with-ssl-tls/

One ends up with an ugly and not-very readable line like this:

PassThroughPattern: (winehq\.org|xpra\.org|vscodium\.com|packagecloud\.io):443$

I haven't really thought about it but could you point at a 'fake' url
that then gets proxied to the real one.

My thought would be to use: http://http.ssl.only.repo/ in sources.list,
point that name at a local apache server and then forward to
https://ssl.only.repo/

I only suggest apache because I've done something like this before - I'd
guess there are much leaner solutions, even stunnel might work.

depending on name resolution it might have to be a suffix rather than a
prefix.

Tim.