On 4/20/22 4:51 AM, songbird wrote:
Dieter Rohlfing wrote:
Am Wed, 20 Apr 2022 00:43:35 -0700
schrieb David Christensen <dpchr...@holgerdanske.com>:

I have been experiencing intermittent storms of random keyboard and
mouse GUI events over the past year or more:

Same for me.

System is Debian 9.13 (kernel 4.19.0-0.bpo.19-amd64, XFCE desktop) running
on an ASRock DeskMini H110M.

I'm running this combination with several hosts, but the storm only
appears with the ASRock PC. Even with another mouse and keyboard the
symptoms remain. So I think the storm mainly depends on the bare host and
not on the peripheral components.

At the moment I'm tinkering with the C-states. I disabled C6 and C7 in the
BIOS and added the following options to the kernel command line:

processor.max_cstate=3 intel_idle.max_cstate=3

Because the symptoms appear randomly, I can't say anything about a
possible solution. I'll continue watching and will report, when I have any
news.

   some things to look into.  Mouse sensitivity in the desktop
hardware settings.

I have adjusted that in the past, and typically have it up fairly high, but I do not believe it is related to the keyboard/ mouse random GUI event storms.

changing the batteries.

I typically run the laptops with the AC adapter connected, and the desktop has a PSU.

using different USB ports for the dongle.

My keyboard and mouse are wired USB.

One front USB 2.0 port works (I seem to recall the other died years ago).

All four rear USB 2.0 ports are useless.

Both rear USB 3.0 ports work.

Now I'm starting to suspect the USB subsystem of X...

replacing the keyboard or mouse.

I seem to be running my last USB keyboard and USB mouse.

David