On 4/20/22 11:23, Felix Miata wrote:
David Christensen composed on 2022-04-20 10:31 (UTC-0700):

1.  Dell Inspiron E1505, Intel Core 2 Duo T7400 processor, Intel GM 945
chipset (IntelĀ® 82945GM Graphics and Memory Controller).  I believe
Debian uses the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver.

3.  Desktop with Intel DQ67SW motherboard, Intel i7-2600S processor with
Intel HD Graphics 2000.  I believe Debian uses the
xserver-xorg-video-intel driver.

There are two different technologies for X display drivers.
xserver-xorg-video-intel uses the older, DDX. It hasn't had an official release
in
nearly a decade. Unofficially it's in maintenance mode. The newer technology
driver, modesetting DIX, is provided by the same package that provides the Xorg
server, so cannot be removed independently of the server. The 945GM is the among
the newest Intel IGPs not supported by the newer driver. By removing
xserver-xorg-video-intel, the newer DIX display driver should automatically be
utilized by your i7's IGP. It may be worth trying to solve your issue, if indeed
you're not already running the DIX on your i7.

Can you suggestion and commands to run that might provide clues?

David