On 2022-04-26 15:28 UTC+0200, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> As a Debian user who considers current computer hardware should have a life
> expectancy of at least 10 years, my main question w.r.t to those beasts
> is what part of the hardware is supported by the vanilla Linux kernel
> (since that's generally the best guarantee around of long term support).
>
> IIUC RK3339 is fairly well supported (thanks in large part to some
> Chromebooks, IIRC), right?  What about the wifi/BT?

I can only talk about the Raspi 4B, which is well supported by the
kernel in Debian stable, I don't use Wifi/BT, but they are supposed to
work. See also https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi4. Hardware
accelerated 3D seems to be missing, I personally don't need it on my
headless home server, it has never been attached to a display. There is
a friendly community in #debian-raspberrypi on IRC. AFAIK there is work
ongoing to support 3D acceleration. As a starting point for
installation, I can recommend the images provided at
http://raspi.debian.net.

Christian

--
http://www.cb-fraggle.de