On Friday, July 29, 2022 07:51:59 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 07/29/2022 01:46 AM, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
> > Hello
> > I try to open a CD.
> > But Linux cannot find it.

> What hardware are you using?
> Is the CD drive internal or external?
> What "Linux" are you using? This list is for Debian Linux.
> If you have Debian Linux:
>   a. what version do you have?
>   b. where did you obtain it?
>   c. have you had other problems?

I'll just add (or amplify?) one point -- have you tried a variety of CDs?
Sometimes "burned" CDs, or rewritable CDs (in either case, from some media
manufacturers will not work, yet a "printed" (that is a CD created in a
"factory" by "industrial" methods (i.e., not with CD burning software) will
work.

It would be helpful to know if some CD works va. no CD works -- if some CD
works, then it is presumably not a software / configuration problem -- if no CD
works, it could be the hardware (or hardware related -- e.g., is one of the
cables loose?) to the CD drive.

--
rhk

If you reply: snip, snip, and snip again; leave attributions; avoid HTML;
avoid top posting; and keep it "on list".  (Oxford comma included at no
charge.)  If you change topics, change the Subject: line.

Writing is often meant for others to read (legal agreements excepted?) -- make
it easier for your reader by various means, including liberal use of
whitespace.

A picture is worth a thousand words -- divide by 10 for each minute of video
(or audio) or create a transcript and edit it to 10% of the original.