On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:00 +0000, ghe2001 wrote:
> Anybody have anything to say about editing sound files?
>
> I started to answer the poster's question and found that, in their
> infinite wisdom, the Debian designers seem to have removed Audacity from
> the upcoming release, Bookworm.

I heard some weird things about Audacity. It has been accused of being
spyware. You can read more about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audacity_(audio_editor)#Reception

> Bad idea, IMHO.  Suggestions for replacements?  They are one or more
> Debian users that have relied on Audacity for years.

Here you'll find 19 Audacity replacements for Linux:
https://alternativeto.net/software/audacity/?platform=linux
Some of them are forks of Audacity.

> Mick, if you're still there, it might be possible to get it from their
> website:
>
> https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

That is an AppImage, so it will certainly work - if you still want to use
it.