Hi again,
On Sat, 17 Sep 2022, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Screen can be used more effectively than a photo I think.  If the hardcopy
is successful search for a file called hardcopy.n where n is a number and
it should be a larger size than 0.  wc -c hardcopy.1 if hardcopy.1 exists
would give the number of characters in that file and if that number is
greater than 0, you have some or all of your hardcopy available to send.

And here is the answer to my finding the file question.
would ls -l  work as well?
thanks,
Kare

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.