On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 12:23:19AM -0700, dmacdoug wrote:
> The OP addressed her question to "seasoned links users" so I'd say
> those who have nothing constructive to contribute toward helping her
> should just skip the thread if top posting makes them angry.

However, the solution ultimately didn't involve any specific features
of links.  The problem was solved at a different layer (terminal
multiplexer).

This is why it's important for questioners to state their goals clearly,
and to give details about their operating environment(s).

See also <https://xyproblem.info/>.