On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 07:09:32PM +0100, Mario Marietto wrote:
> I've found it : https://airyx.org/

Which has just decided to write a new GUI for itself - because it can.
Without using a pre-existing GUI. Oh, and it's renamed itself.

> Il giorno mar 22 nov 2022 alle ore 19:06 Mario Marietto <
> marietto2...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > There is a fresh project, a couple of years old and in development, about
> > a linux distro,if I remember correctly,or maybe it is based on BSD,with the
> > goal to run the apple's software and it has the graphical interface which
> > looks the same as the MacOSX. Does anyone remember the name ? The advantage
> > is to not infringe any apple's copyright for sure. I'm not sure but if the
> > system is different from the MacOSX but it offers the advantage to run the
> > original apple's tools,is this a copyright infringement ?

If it looks sufficiently like MacOSX - it infringes Apple's copyright. Apple
have had cases based on button shape before now - and they have attack dog
lawyers. Various other Linux distros have produced something that looks a
litle like MacOS - if it gets too similar, Apple get *very* twitchy.

> > Il giorno mar 22 nov 2022 alle ore 18:52 Miles Fidelman <
> > mfidel...@meetinghouse.net> ha scritto:
> >
> >> Well... that would basically be MacOS, or a GUI that looks like MacOS
> >> running on another BSD.
> >>

> >> Mario Marietto wrote:
> >>
> >> How difficult will it be to create a BSD system with the look and feel of
> >> the MacOSX ? I mean,not only based on aesthetics,but more structural,but
> >> not so much structural to incite the apple's lawyers.

See above: it's not straightforward. At the point when you want to do this,
you might as well be running a straight copy of BSD - and in every likelihood,
it will never run Mac applications.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater