> On 22 Nov 2022, at 02:07, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
>
> On 11/21/22 06:07, Gareth Evans wrote:
>> On Mon 21 Nov 2022, at 07:26, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
>> [...]
> global, persistent setting.
>> If you still don't see the HTML version after doing that, please would you
>> confirm which version of Thunderbird you are using?
>> Thanks,
>> Gareth
>
> 102.5.0(64bit)

OK thanks.

I wonder if there may be some anomaly in the true source which doesn't make it
through "view source", the clipboard, you sending the paste, the mailing list
servers, and other people's mail clients.

I don't know if you've tried viewing a .eml containing a paste from your
earlier message containing the source, but that's the only difference I can see
at this point.

As you have now deciphered the message, you may of course not want to bother!

And if that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Best wishes,