Am 28.11.2022 10:04, schrieb B.M.:
Hi,

I'm going to buy a Dell Precision 3570 laptop [...]
How would you proceed? [...]

e) other...

Thank you for your ideas.

Maybe as an option: If there are special drivers needed, patches to the kernel, etc., you can run Debian on the Ubuntu kernel if everything else fails.

I'm running a Chromebook* this way, using some ChromiumOS Kernel** plus Debian userland in Chromebooks dev-mode.

regards
hede

*) Coreboot+Depthcharge, no u-boot or UEFI, Googles Embedded Controler, etc. **) self compiled kernel with mixed ChromiumOS+Debian config plus some fixes as the ChromiumOS patchset for Linux 5.10 a little buggy and doesn't even compile with some config options Debian sets but ChromiumOS does not use.