On Tue, 27 Dec 2022, Tixy wrote:

On Mon, 2022-12-26 at 21:37 +0000, Tim Woodall wrote:

But now I'm concerned about disks in a raid-1. Everything gets written
when the raid rebuilds.

I've found fstrim - but that only seems to be for filesystems.

How do I tell the card that the free space in the VG really is free?

You probably can't. I've not heard of removable cards supporting the
'trim' command.

I found a issue_discards setting in lvm.conf. Set that, then created a
LV using the remaining space and deleted it again.
(this wasn't an sd card, was my main machine that I run in a raid-1
configuration)

There's definitely something implemented on sd cards: fstrim works on an
identical, working, card while it fails on my broken one.