On 27.12.2022 10:12 Tixy wrote:
You probably can't. I've not heard of removable cards supporting the
'trim' command.

I'm running Debian on some Lenovo Flex 3 Chromebook here, booting from SD-Card in the internal SD Slot. And fstrim is working fine on a Sandisk High Endurance (one of the cheapest 128 GB SD cards I could find at my local electronics store).

So now you've heard first hand: (some) removable cards do indeed support the trim command ;-)

I think it depends on the SD Card controller AND the card itself. fstrim doesn't work with the same SD-Card and some cheap USB-MicroSD-Adapter here, while other SD-Cards do not support trim even in the Chromebooks SD Card Slot.

hede