Hi,

----------
Warning: I hope you will forgive me for this email not really related to
debian. I just think people from this community could likely have good
advice about this question.
----------

I would like to format plain text emails to increase readability and
information separation. The idea is to go beyond markdown and to have
more visible elements. For example I am looking for a convenient way to
"draw" some ASCII boxes such as

## some title here ##

(I am using emacs comment-box feature in a buffer to do this and I
replace ; by #, I suppose there is nicer way to do this).

I often see email signature using this kind of formatting.

Do you know dedicated tools or text editor to do such things the easy
way on an everyday basis?

Have a nice day