Date: 2011.

> >   https://bugs.debian.org/724931

Date 2013, last entry dated 2020.

Neither one is marked as resolved.

loopback.mod (not .ko) is available in grub for both Bullseye and
Bookworm.

root@cdtest:~# find /boot/ -iname loop*
/boot/grub/i386-pc/loopback.mod
root@cdtest:~#

I can't find iso-scan anywhere except as a part of the package
dracut-live, so I'm not sure it's relevant here. I conjecture that
telling the kernel where to find the iso image bypasses any need for
iso-scan. (See the first email in #724931.)

As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, I do have a rough script
which automates most of the process of building the separate partition
I use for these d-i images. I'll see if I can get that cleaned up and
ready for prime time in the next few days.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/