On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 05:13:31PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  I should have pointed out that I always go into exposed mode (use the
> Internet) with a live DVD. My laptop was always 6 hours ahead and now
> that they changed to summer time, it is 5 hours ahead.

So, you have at least two operating systems that you boot on this
computer: one (Debian 11????) installed to fixed disk, and one (Debian
Live 11????) on removable media.

If your two operating systems disagree over whether the HW clock should
be set to UTC or to local time, you will get these issues.

Most people who experience these issues are dual-booting Linux and
Windows -- again, two different operating systems, which may have two
different ideas of how to set the HW clock.  Your case is the same,
just with two different Linuxes.

The solution is to decide how you want all of your operating systems to
read/set the HW clock (UTC or local), and to make sure they both implement
your chosen policy.

Since one of your operating systems may be impossible to configure, that
one's treatment of the HW clock may dictate the policy choice you need
to make for the other OS.

If your policy choice ends up being "set HW clock to local", then you
also have to make sure the correct time zone is set on each operating
system, each time it boots.  I have no idea how one does that on Debian
Live, since I've never used Debian Live.  So, I can hope for your sake
that Debian Live uses a UTC HW clock.