On 3/27/23 11:31, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 10:00:48AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:

[...]

Would it be practical to put a filter in the path cups put things headed to
a printer thru, to change just that esc sequence to make those boxes and
their text content into something more readable.

If they are actually PNGs you'll be out of luck with esc sequences.
You might get away by fumbling the image's palette (if it has one)
or postprocessing it with your favourite image manipulation program
(with enough dedication you even might come up with some ImageMagick
script to automate this).

Begs the question, do we have a gfx editor that can do that? Fix it once, at the src. I'd be in hog heaven!

Or you could try to shuffle the ink tanks of your printer ;-D

Cheers

Shirley you jest Tomas. ;o)>

How much good would that do when there is half an hours ink in the plumbing it would have to flush to even get the new color into the nozzles? My ink squirter is a brother MFC-J6920-DW, probably a foot or more of hose between the tank sockets on the right front, and the actual printhead. Even the heads motion is odd, scanning normal letter paper sideways. It is monster sized, able to take tabloid sized paper even in its scanner, but is a pita to feed it straight by hand for printing thru a slot it the rear. I made a feed tray cuz I do use the big paper when printing rockhopper's output. Its output is the logic diagram of the hal mapping of a linuxcnc driven machine, converted to .svg, and may take quite a few sheets, pasted/taped together on a 4x8 foot sheet of plywood paneling to display it big enough to read. .svg is truly capable of fine detail. And this printer is able to do legible text at microscopic scales.

Thanks for the grin, take care & stay well Tomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis