On 3/28/23 01:02, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 02:02:43PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
On 3/27/23 11:31, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 10:00:48AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:

[...]

Would it be practical to put a filter in the path cups put things headed to
a printer thru, to change just that esc sequence to make those boxes and
their text content into something more readable.

If they are actually PNGs you'll be out of luck with esc sequences.
You might get away by fumbling the image's palette (if it has one)
or postprocessing it with your favourite image manipulation program
(with enough dedication you even might come up with some ImageMagick
script to automate this).

Begs the question, do we have a gfx editor that can do that? Fix it once, at
the src. I'd be in hog heaven!

You mean at Alibaba? Or in your copies of the images?

In my copies stored here, alibaba likely has a reason for their choice, made no doubt by the 7 figure legal people. Cheating on the gpl while appearing to meet the terms.

In the second case, I'd recommend Gimp if you are more
the clickey type or the ImageMagick suite (specifically
convert) if you are up to figuring out a script which
might do it automatically for you henceforth.

That would be a likeable, usable solution. As for gimp, I use it mainly to squeeze pix, making a 20 meg pix out of my canon camera into something I can email at sub 300k. Expert, not in your wildest dreams...

Take care and stay well Tomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis